Monday, February 8, 2010

You Knew...


You gave me loving arms to hold me when I was so wee
Many times these loved ones told me how much they loved me
And as I grew I recognized the glory of your hand
As before my wondering eyes You painted scenes so grand
But all along You knew
I’d need You

The sun-beams danced above me as I wandered in your earth
Wondering why You love me as I pondered my un-worth
I paused to watch the spring-time brook chatter on its way
And in a shady fern-lined nook I drank a summer day
But through it all You knew
I’d need You

In spite of all the thousand blessings that You tumbled at my feet
I found myself confessing that I still was incomplete
Searching for love and happiness in empty, earthly things
Weary of the futile quest the search for true love brings
I guess you knew
I’d need you

Whispers in the dead of night and nudges through the day
Reminding me my hopeless plight would never go away
Until my eyes were opened and I saw a glorious light
That spoke to me of hope and mercy in my lonely fight
And then I knew
I need You

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the Lord's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trust in Him. Ps.32:10

No comments: