Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last Walk


Across an emerald meadow-land
Kissed with the morning dew
I would love to take your hand
For one last walk with you
And in this tender moment then
One final chance I’d take
To try to make you understand
My heart, about to break

We’d sit perhaps in wordless gaze
Toward the softening sky
Its distant brink a misty haze
Reflected in my eye
For I know that before this day
Is tendered to the past
You and I will part for aye
Before its shade is cast

The lily in her splendid garb
And kissed with heavens breath
Unaltered in her perfect robe
Since first she graced the earth
Can hold no comfort now for me
Her glory holds no power
For I have sitting next to me
A far more precious flower

I would whisper one last time
My love for you undying
And try to make you understand
The reason for my crying
I would hold you close to me
Before I let you go
It would be the last time, you see
If you should still say no

As we take this final walk
Among the weeping roses
The door of hope about to lock
Forever, as it closes
My tears in crimson drops would bathe
Your unbelieving heart
As from My love you turn away
To hear the word, ‘Depart’

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"
And let him who hears say,"Come!"
Whoever is thirsty, let him come;
and whoever wishes, let him take
the free gift of the water of life.Rev.22:17

No comments: