Monday, February 22, 2010

Tug-of-war


In my head I know what I need to do
Lord, I need to give it all to You
All the fear of the known and unknown
Every tear when I am alone
Every thought of hate and torment
Would disappear in Your arms heaven-sent

But in my heart it seems like I need to cling
Stubbornly, foolishly to the very thing
That keeps me from wholly trusting You
And robs me of peace and love so true
Why won’t my heart listen to my head
As I cling to the things I see instead?

Lord, give me the faith to let it all go
Faith to believe that You love me so
Faith to listen to Your words in my head
Faith to know without works it is dead
Lord, in my head I know it in part
But help me to believe it in my heart

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

What a wretched man I am.
Who will rescue me from
this body of death?
Thank be to God--
through our Lord Jesus Christ.Rom.7:25

My grace is sufficient for you,
my strength made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor.12:9

No comments: