Friday, February 12, 2010

Willing.....


I will follow where you want me
I will walk the second mile
When temptations evil taunts me
I’ll just shake my head and smile
I won’t take the hand that leads me
Down that slow and gentle slope
To a pasture where they’re sleeping
While in darkness still they grope

If some evil hand should smite me
I will turn the other cheek
If seductive charms invite me
Still your holy face I’ll seek
When the night is dark and lonely
And my friends are far and few
Oh my Lord, You’ll be the only
One I’ll seek to see me through

I will love and keep on loving
Though the world should turn on me
I’ll forgive and keep forgiving
Hate will be my enemy
Lord, it seems I’m not fulfilling
All these lofty words I speak
The spirit indeed is willing
But the flesh is weak

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" Matt.26:41
These are the words that drifted across my mind this
morning while I was trying to convince myself to get
out of bed and walk across the room to turn off my
alarm clock!!:):)

No comments: