Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Offering


Here’s my heart Lord, torn and tattered
Stained and scarred with hate and sin
Here’s my heart Lord, bruised and battered
Will you take my offering?

I can’t offer perfect roses
I have no great gift to bring
I’m ashamed for I have nothing
Worthy to give to my King

Here’s my heart Lord, won’t You take it
You alone can wash it clean
You can take this gift and make it
Fit and worthy for a King

It’s a wretched gift I know it
For there’s nothing hid from You
But I know You can restore it
Make my heart as good as new

Here’s my heart Lord, badly broken
You behold it from above
While mankind condemns and judges
You forgive me with Your love

Here’s my heart, Lord breathe upon it
Fan loves fire to glow within
Here’s my heart, I’m so unworthy
Yet You receive my offering

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

But God demonstrates his own
love for us in this:
While we were still sinners,
Christ died for us. Rom. 5:8

No comments: