Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Fringe



Somewhere in the hour of the dawning’s fragile light
Somewhere in silent power in the shadows of the night
Somewhere in the twinkle of your mesmerizing gaze
My little fringe of normal melts away

Somewhere between the budding and the autumn leaf that falls
Somewhere in time suspended comes the wonder of it all
A mutual understanding breathed in wordless poetry
My little fringe of normal melts away

Leave normal for the faint of heart, for very young or old
I have no desire for the very thing you stole
You whisper in my heart-beat and you kiss my memory
My little fringe of normal nevermore shall be

The soft touch of your finger-tips when we are far apart
The music of your gentle lips warms my heart of hearts
God, you sure must love me; that is all I’m going to say
As my little fringe of normal melts away

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments: