Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Glimpse of Heaven


When my children pray star petals flutter to the earth
And angel-feathers drift across the blue horizons girth
The whispering shadows cease to taunt and softly fade away
As heavens ear bends to the earth when my children pray

No sentences deigned to impress the quiet listening ear
Simple words of faith and love as angels draw so near
No pauses as if questioning what, what not to say
Perfect faith exemplified when my children pray

Jesus loves me this I know, faith’s foundation laid
Innocence and mercy meet as I bow my head
‘A little child shall lead them,’ yes, they led me today
A little glimpse of heaven when my children pray

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Verily I say unto you,
Whosoever shall not receive
the kingdom of God as a little child
he shall not enter therein. Mark 10:15

No comments: