Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Highway to Hell


The sun sure feels nice on my face today,
Spring hovers a short sweet mile away
Returning in splendor fresh and clean
I yearn for its tender ever-green…

The sky smiles above me in sparkling hue
Miles and miles of perfect blue
If I had wings I think I would fly
Where freedom sings in an azure sky…


The flowers in abundance sweetly bloom
Buds of fragrance dismiss winter’s gloom
I revel in the perfumed, balmy bliss
Of passion formed in springtime’s kiss….

But, as I look up to the clear blue sky
Suddenly a tear-drop dims my eye
This perfection would all be useless waste
But for redemption through God's loving grace

But for salvation, mercy and love
Hope for all nations in one true God above
Nature’s song would be an empty shell
Simply the scenery on a highway to hell

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

For the wages of sin is death;
BUT THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE
THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD. Rom.6:23

No comments: