Thursday, January 28, 2010

When I Trust


When I doubt You, my dear Lord
Living Truth and Life
When I doubt Your holy Word
Victim of this strife
When I listen to the voice
Of hate instead of love
You remind me there’s a choice
You will not be moved

When I doubt Your mighty power
And trust in my weak will
When I stumble in an hour
You desire to fill
Remind me of Your love so true
Oh, how can I forget?
To put my every hope in You
You have not failed me yet

When I doubt the devil laughs
Victor of his spoils
Master of the dust and chaff
The fruit of evil toils
But when I trust the angels sing
And heaven draws so near
God, help me trust in everything
Your perfect will so dear

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding. Prov.3:5

No comments: