Saturday, January 9, 2010

Enlightenment


Sometimes a line or a word
Or a moment
Steals my breath
Strangely divine
My heart is stirred
And I’m afraid to move
Lest I put to death
This flickering essence
Like a misty veil
A translucent presence
A holy grail
Drawing my mind
To its furthest reaches
Determined to find
Midst the common speeches
The source of this
Heart-stopping inspiration
Breath-taking moment
Beyond interpretation
For one micro-second
A flicker in time
Perfect enlightenment
Truly was mine
But as I reach to grasp
At its filmy sway
Alas, alas
It slips away….

Perhaps it was God
Reminding me
That only through Him
True enlightenment will be

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

I pray also that the eyes of your heart
may be enlightened in order that you may
know the hope to which he has called you,
the riches of His glorious inheritance
in the saints, and His incomparably great
power for us who believe.Eph. 1:18-19

No comments: