Friday, January 29, 2010

Before....


Before the fingers of the ruby dawn
Have stretched then faded to noon and beyond
Before they brush the western sky
Directing heavens lullaby
Before another day is past
As its charcoal shade is cast
And twilight fills the western sky
Will we have made a difference, you and I?

Before we lay again to rest
Will we have striven to do our best?
To touch another life with love
A foretaste of our life above
Will we have reached to hold the hand?
Of one who needed help to stand?
Before the evening ruby sigh
Will we have made a difference, you and I?

Will we have paused to kneel and pray?
Before the close of another day
Will we, in everything we do
Serve a higher calling true
Before the golden-ruby tones
Splash upon our streets and lawns
Will we have given our best try
To make a difference, you and I?

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

The sun-rise began with a narrow strand
Along the horizon-line,
It continued to grow til its ruby glow
Burst into brilliant sunshine!!!!

I'm drawn again to one of my favorite verses...
When I consider the heavens,
the work of Thy fingers.....
what is man that you are mindful of him? Ps. 8:3&4

No comments: