Saturday, January 16, 2010

Broken Mirror


I’m still young and beautiful
I’ve still got a sparkle in my eye
I’m filled with great ambition
I just wish somehow that time would cease to fly
Oh, I’ve still got a lot of dreams
Things I think that I would like to try
And I’m still young and beautiful
Sometimes I wish the mirror wouldn’t lie

God sure must have loved me
As I behold my cherished friends of youth
And we’re not really very old
Mirrors these days just do not tell the truth
And if you asked me just how old
I feel, well I’d say twenty and a day
But oh, you broken mirror
I just wish you wouldn’t look at me that way

I’m still young and beautiful
Those wrinkles are just laugh-lines on my face
And I’m not really very old
I’ve just lived a few more days of grace
And I’m sure if you caught my stare
You’d see a youthful twinkle in my eye
I know, ‘cause I can feel it there
Sometimes I wish the mirror wouldn’t lie

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments: