Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I Didn't Know You


If I didn’t know you
A sunset would simply be
Colors in the sky
If I didn’t know you a butterfly
Would simply be
A butterfly
I’d never hear You whisper
In the evening breeze
Or know you are the Master
Of all my stormy seas
And when I feel so lonely
I’d truly be alone
If you were not my best Friend
That I have ever known

If I didn’t know you
Then my life would be
A series of random events
And every joy or tear I’ve known
Would be sadly
And uselessly spent
The dearest loves I treasure
Victims of circumstance
And I could never measure
The value of this dance
My life would be a journey
With no destiny in view
A futile race to nowhere
If I didn’t know You

But I do know You
Master painter of
Each sunset in the sky
Yes, I know you
Creator of the hurricane
And butterfly
As the breezes whisper
Your love songs from above
I bow before You, Master
Before the God I love
For I know You just a little
You know me through and through
Yet you love me anyway
Oh my God, how I love You

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. Ps. 139:14

No comments: