Saturday, January 9, 2010

Evening Gown


As you slip the silky fabric
Over sapphire, bronze and jade
I’m mesmerized by the beauty
Of this rich and deeper shade
This robe of purple velvet
Flows without a sound
Draping in perfection
With its hem-line to the ground

The eye of this designer
Notes every soft detail
Why, I’ve seen nothing finer
On these runways in a while
As he bestows the crowning touch
A dazzling sequin glaze
I know this gown is truly such
It captures every gaze

Sky, are you not honored
That he should slip on you
This dazzling gown of splendor
In royal purple-blue?
Tell me what his name is
The creator of this gown
I’ll tell you; His name is God
The best Designer known

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever
To Him who does great wonders,
His love endures forever
who by His understanding
made the heavens
His love endures forever....Ps. 136:3-5

No comments: