Monday, January 18, 2010

This Broken Man


Soft as the mist in the morning
Over the wooded vale
Soft as the kiss of the dawning
After a midnight gale
Soft as the sun on my shoulder
After the driving rain
You touch my heart, dear Father
And heal this broken man

After the lonesome hour
When its cold shadow is cast
After the brightest flower
Joins its comrades in the dust
After the fleeting friendship
Common to this earth’s span
You restore our fellowship
And heal this broken man

Just like a child in the evening
Seeking its mothers arms
Lord, as I lean on your shoulder
This life with its countless alarms
Grows dim in Your comforting Presence
As I reach for Your faithful hand
Remembering Your precious promise
You heal this broken man

All Right Reserved
Janet Martin

I will never leave You
Nor forsake you. Heb.13:5

No comments: