Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Forgotten


You were so important to me that day
Or so I thought
But heedlessly I walked away
And you were soon forgot
Is that then, really love at all
Momentary affection
A name I can hardly recall
Now in my recollection

Life, you hand me a vast array
Of choices on your platter
I gaze at your taunting display
Oh, does it really matter
What I see and taste and touch
My hidden word or thought
Does it matter very much?
Or is it soon forgot

Yes, it matters very much
The choices that we make
What we see and taste and touch
What we leave or take
For He who loves us; He who gave
His only Son begotten
Did not come down our souls to save
Just to be forgotten

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

When I fed them they were satisfied,
when they were satisfied they became proud
then they forgot me. Hosea 13:6

No comments: