Friday, January 15, 2010

But.....


We sure appreciated all the work that you have done
You always gave your best and never left your job undone
So it is with a deep regret that I must tell you so
BUT….
I’m afraid that times are rough; we’ll have to let you go….

Your car is working very well; I’ve fixed it up real good
I’ve rotated all the wheels replaced the parts I should
You can pick it up; it’s sitting out here in the lot
BUT……
I’m afraid it cost a whole lot more than I first thought

Your boyfriend sure is something; all the girls sure envy you
Secretly they wish they were the one he held on to
They whisper words like ‘lucky’ and ‘wish it was me he chose’
BUT……
Yesterday I saw him kissing your friend’s sister Rose

Within my life experience I have come to hate this word
Hinging positive and negative to change the message heard
Until one day I thought how I was doomed eternally
BUT….
Jesus suffered, died and rose to set each sinner free
I would have no hope at all, no joy, no victory
BUT….
Jesus loves me this I know and that’s enough for me

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Very rarely will anyone die for
a righteous man, though for a good man
someone might possibly dare to die. BUT God
demonstrates His own love for us in this:
while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Rom.5:7-8

No comments: