Monday, January 18, 2010

A Mighty Sword


Oh what a mighty sword we wield
This tiny little quill
If we our hand to God’s Hand yield
Tuned to Heavens will
This sword can waken hearts that sleep
Melt hearts as cold as stone
For through this quill our God can speak
To earth from Heavens throne

This tiny quill a mighty sword
As words so fitly written
Waken sinners to God’s word
As by His voice we’re smitten
I look upon you in my hand
This tiny stem of ink
Oh can I write of God’s love grand
In words to make us think?

Can I with just a tiny quill
And by God’s wondrous grace
Stir a heart that’s sleeping still
With humble lines I trace?
Can I, as with a mighty sword
Draw lost men to their knees?
Arouse desire for God’s word
As we behold our need?


This great day, this day of grace
One day soon will end
We’ll meet our Maker face to face
Are we ready, friend?
For God so loved this wretched world
He gave His only Son
An offering for each boy and girl
So that we may live on

Oh, tiny quill within my hand
What mighty awesome power
For God can work His wonder grand
Through one small pen of ours
Help me move it ‘cross this page
In tune with Heavens voice
Oh parchment, you’re a mighty stage
Where man may make a choice


All Rights Reserved

For the Word of God is living and active
Sharper than any two-edged sword
It penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit,
Joints and marrow; it judges
the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Heb.4:12

No comments: