Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What Am i Missing?


I visit the sick, I give to the poor
I love my neighbor who lives next door
I smile to the glum, lend a hand to the weak
And if I remember I carefully speak
So why am I not dancing, and over-joyed
Instead of enhancing a gaping void

In my vain quest I then paste on a smile
I won’t stop to rest as I walk the third mile
I try to spread cheer to a brother in sorrow
I share a sad tear, say I’ll visit tomorrow
I drop off some flowers and breathe a quick prayer
Why do I still feel a cloud of despair?

I climb a high mountain and sing to the Lord
Ah, surely this effort will glean a reward
I fast for a day and I tithe every week
Where is my pay in the joy I still seek?
What am I missing Lord what can it be?
In the stillness his Voice is heard, ‘you’re missing Me’

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

It is possible to exhaust ourselves
By doing all the right things for
All the wrong reasons.

If I give all I posses to the poor
and surrender my body to the flames
but have not love, I gain nothing. 1 Cor.13:3

God is love.1 John 4:16

No comments: