Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'll Take The Grey with You


The skies cannot always be blue, my love
Sometimes we need the grey
But we both know the truth, my love
After the clouds pass away
The sun will shine warmer and purer, my love
Because of the storm we’ve passed through
No, the skies cannot always be blue, my love
But I’ll take the grey with you

The road cannot always be smooth, my love
For then how would we know
If ever our love was strong enough
To weather the winds that blow
And if there were only smooth roads, my love
Would we reach out to find
If our love was strong enough, my love
To trust these ties that bind

No, the skies cannot always be blue, my love
But even within the grey
There is the warmth of the (sun) Son, my love
And no one can take that away
The road cannot always be smooth, my love
For then we would never need
The One who has promised to be, my love
Our truest Friend indeed

The skies will not always be blue, my love
Grey must have its day too
But there's one thing I'll promise, love
I'll take the grey with you


All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments: