Friday, March 26, 2010

Today, Tomorrow and Beyond


I could speak of by-gone things
But what good would it do
Joy and sorrow both have wings
To fly beyond the blue
And life on a whole
Is not in our control
But one giant mystery
So I’ll speak of today and tomorrow
The past is history

Today I will whisper a prayer for you
Just as I do every day
Today I will focus on the good I can do
Tomorrow come what may
I will always be glad
For the today I had
And its coffer of memories
It seems to take the happy and sad
To create tender harmonies

The wind blows softly out of the blue
The sun rises in the east
On them ride my thoughts and prayers for you
As foam on the ocean crest
Today, tomorrow and beyond
Translucent shimmer of a mystic frond
Breath of hope in misty hue
Sparkling through eternal blue

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin


Happy Birthday D~

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you
and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future." Jer. 29:11

No comments: