Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Priority-check


You spent a night in the garden for me
Praying with sweat-drops of agony
Knowing full well what lay ahead
You chose to pray for me instead…
All night through you wept and prayed
How much time should I give you today?

You stood in Pilate’s hall for me
Bore the shameful mockery
You took my stripes, each hateful blow
Forsaken, still you loved me so
Falsely accused, You turned not away
How much time should I give you today?

You bore my cross as Your mercy flowed
And blood-drops stained the rugged road
The road which led to Calvary
Where you gave Your life for me
Yet still upon the cross You prayed
Lord, how much time should I give you today?

Three days You lay in tender wait
To open wide sweet freedom’s gate
You rose victorious, love has won
Should I treat such a gift as stone?
Too busy now to stop and pray….
How much time should I give you today?

You watch me like a precious child
You never leave me in the wild
But pour Your tender love on me
Though I have loved unfaithfully
Still You watch me all the way
How much time should I give You today?

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments: