Thursday, March 25, 2010

His Best


You could have whispered a word for salvation
Just as you uttered earth into creation
In your awesome power You could have spoken,
In Your darkest hour presented a token
Of heavenly mystery with power to save
Preserving a destiny beyond the grave
You could have redeemed us in Living Breath
But You spared nothing; loving through death
The voice of true love is sacrifice
You loved us with the ultimate price
Holding nothing back at Calvary
You poured out your love for a fool like me
Oh my God, how unworthy I am
Washed in the blood of a perfect Lamb
Our redemption paid in full
Not by blood of sheep or bull
But by the only cleansing blood
Pouring from the Son of God
Oh my God, what love you’ve shown
Giving us Your best; Your Son
Your best to save man from his fall
Your righteousness now free to all
Your best for such a fool like me
Oh my God, how can it be?
Perfect ransom, mercy, grace
For me, who put tears on your face
So unlovely, I, so blessed
All because You gave Your best

All Right Reserved
Janet Martin

He is patient with you,
not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance. 2Pet.3:9

No comments: