Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fill 'er Up



When I’m feeling kind of empty
Nothing here to satisfy
When I’m looking for an answer
But I’m getting no reply
Well then I get to thinking
‘Bout my unseen inner cup
Review what I’ve been drinking
And cry, Jesus fill ‘er up

I need some of Your compassion
For it always soothes my mind
And your tender love and mercy
Are the sweet and rarest kind
Lord, I think I’ve been too busy
Running here and there in vain
On my knees I whisper Jesus
Won’t You fill me up again?

One truth that I can count on
Is this world will fade away
But the precious love of Jesus
Is forever here to stay
He’s the answer to the longing
In my deep and inner cup
And I sense His touch upon me
As I whisper, fill ‘er up

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

He has showed you, O man
what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

No comments: