Saturday, December 26, 2009

Traces


No, I’ve never really seen you
Never looked in to your eyes
Are they brown or grey, hazel or blue
Do they twinkle when you smile?
Are they brushed with flecks of gold?
Do they sparkle, do they glow?
No, I’ve never really seen you
But oh, I love you so

No I’ve never really seen you
Or gazed into your face
I’ve never even touched you
Yet it seems I sense a trace
Of you in almost everything
I hear and see and do
It seems I hear you whispering
And oh, how I love you

No, I’ve never really seen you
Only glimpses now and then
As you touch me with invisible blue
And I can breathe again
You whisper tender mercies
Into my longing ear
And in my lonely places
I feel that you are near

No, I’ve never really seen you
Yet I see you every day
No, I’ve never really touched you
Yet you’re never far away
I’ve seen, yet never seen you
In a million different faces
No, I’ve never really seen you
But oh, I’ve seen the traces

In everything created
I’ve seen a trace of you
Each time I am defeated
I catch a glimpse or two
No, I’ve never really seen you
Or looked into your face
But in each morning that is new
Oh Lord, I see a trace

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin


Then Jesus told him,
Because you have seen you have believe;
Blessed are those who have not seen
and yet have believed. John 20:29

Because of the Lord's great love
we are not consumed.
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning:
Great is Your faithfulness. Lam.3:23

No comments: