Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Perfect Christmas


It’s not the lights that twinkle
Or the snow-flakes as they swirl
It’s not the rippling laughter
Of each little boy and girl
It’s not the pretty ornaments
A-sparkling on the tree
This is not what makes
Christmas perfect for me

It’s not the lovely music
Or the chiming of the bells
It’s not the children singing
Though I love it very well
It’s not the cookies baking
Though they’re yummy as can be
No, this is not what makes
Christmas perfect for me

It’s not the silver moon light
Casting shadows on the snow
Reflecting on that first night
Of Christmas long ago
No these things are all
Just as lovely as can be
But it’s not what makes
Christmas perfect for me

It’s eyes that sparkle
With loves warm glow
It’s hands to hold
As we dash through the snow
It’s being surrounded
By loved ones so dear
Yes, that is what makes
Christmas perfect each year

It’s saying things like
“I love you, my dear”
That is what makes
Christmas perfect each year….
…all year long

All rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments: