Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Want List


I want to encourage others in all the words I say,
I want to spread a little bit of happiness each day,
I want to lift the heavy load
Of those I meet upon life’s road,
And never walk a wasted mile,
Forgetting how to pray or smile

I want to think a little less
Of selfish goals or wants,
I want a failing memory
When evil gossip taunts
I want a thought-life, good and pure,
A faith in God that will endure,
Should time of fear or testing be
I want to stand, my God, for Thee

I want to learn to seal my lips
To words that hurt or hinder,
And should some words unbidden slip
I want them to be kinder,
I want to stand on that glad day,
Not drooping low in sad dismay,
But hear these words ring loud and fervent,
Well done, thou good and faithful servant

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

He fulfills the desires of
those who fear Him. Ps.145:19

No comments: