Saturday, December 12, 2009

No Trial Run


I’ve often sighed as I’ve wryly stated
I wish there was a trial run
For the word alone is under-rated
And misunderstood for one
Yet, everyone else seems to have all the answers
I wish I had their point of view
‘Cause when it comes to this thing called ‘parenting’
I could sure use a lesson or two

Then just as I think I have it figured out
--the solution to a certain ‘fix’
God smiles and adds an entirely new
Personality to the mix
So now it is just like starting over
But we try to make it fun
Yet, at the end of the day I often say
Oh, for a trial run

One day I gazed into the face of my child
As he sat through an explanation
Of the who, the what, the where and why
I’ve come up with my sound reason
He looked a little perplexed and bewildered
And I smiled as I saw that he did
I said, my dear one, I guess there’s no trial run
Either, for being a kid

On a more somber note I realized
We only get one crack
At this thing called Life, its joy and strife
Gaining the wisdom we lack
Then we’ll all bow down before God’s throne
To hear how we have done
So let’s be aware and live each day with care
For Life has no trial run

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin


Therefore....let us run with patience
the race that is set before us. Heb. 12:1

No comments: