Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Past


I could break down the gate
And force my way through
Into the garden
Where I wandered with you…..
I could gaze at the flowers
Pause in the shade
Re-living the hours
Where memories were made
I could still hear the whisper
Of the willow trees
And smell the magnolia
As they float in the breeze
The song of the fountain
Leaving troubles behind
As its care-free music
Still flows ‘cross my mind
I could pause in the stillness
Haven, almost complete
Linger a moment
On grasses so sweet
Hearing our laughter
In the cool night air
I could try to go back…but….
You would not be there

Life is a garden
Of moments rare
We cannot go back
So tend it with PRAYER!!!!

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Fear God and keep His commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man. Eccles. 12:13

No comments: