Thursday, December 3, 2009

Don't Do It


Everyone seems to think it is fine
They succumb while I fight this temptation of mine
Perhaps it won’t hurt, just one little try
Millions have done it so why not I?
But as I pause once more to view it
I hear a soft voice say “Don’t do it”

But look! See all the countless masses
Indulging in temptation’s passes
They laugh; as in merriment they go
While I must fight what tempts me so
About to fold, I pause to view it
I hear the soft voice say “Don’t do it”

I have reached my weakest hour
“Lord” I cry “Oh, be my power
I hear Your voice, I know You’re right
But without You I cannot fight”
He whispers as I pause to view it
“I love you, my child don’t do it”

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No temptation has seized you
except what is common to man.
And God is faithful;
He will not let you be tempted
beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted
he will also provide a way out
so that you can stand up under it. 1 Cor.10:13

No comments: