Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Older I Get......


Kids these days sure must be smart
It makes me crease my brow
As their grand wisdom they impart
The what, the why and how
Well. I never once imagined
That it ever would be so
But I now realize for certain
The older I get THE LESS I KNOW

Yes, my small life experience
Has taught me a thing or two
But no one’s really interested
In my point of view
Why, what happened once to me
Was SO VERY long ago
Things have CHANGED, can I not see?
Yep, the older I get THE LESS I KNOW

So last night after I’d been beaten
And I was feeling a little low
I talked to God in Heaven
He tells me what I AUGHT to know
And I guess as long as earth remains
Time is a teacher so
Eventually the ‘smart ones’ of today will complain
That the older they get THE LESS THEY KNOW!!!

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

The fear of the Lord
is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline. Prov.1:7

No comments: