Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Longing


So, I’m thinking perhaps, that maybe
The things I’m longing for
Are not the plans You have for me….
The goodness yet in store
Perhaps I’ve never really sought
The fullness of Your will
The longing deep within my thought
Simply the void for You to fill

I’m thinking maybe all this time
That I’ve misunderstood
The meaning in the simple line
That You are great and good
The frame on which I measure
The essence of Your love
Cannot portray this treasure
That You shower from above

You can satisfy our longing
Each aching, deep desire
Our thirst for true belonging
Can be quenched as You inspire
Within Your out-stretched arms, oh Lord
You seek to draw us near
To satisfy the longing heart
With perfect love so dear

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
02/12/09

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,"Plans to prosper you
and not to harm you.plans to give you hope
and a future". Jer. 29:11

I was thinking about a Psalm I had with
a poem yesterday....Ps.145:19,
and how He tells us He will give us the desires
of our heart....it got me to thinking.

No comments: