Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can You Take It?


Can you take the fear and turmoil?
All the endless doom and gloom
That the media is spouting
Into every living-room
Do they cloud your mind with worry?
As our misfortunes they proclaim
Can you take the modern prophets
Rising out of moral shame?

Can you take it? All the hatred
For God’s laws and His statutes
Can you take their false assumptions
That there are no absolutes?
Does your anger not consume you
As they lead our youth astray?
Blinding them to holiness
In sad moral decay

Can you take their vain assurance
There is no absolute truth???
And this insanity is swallowed
By mature as well as youth
Has no one ever told them
The words that Jesus said?
I am the Way, the Truth, the Life
Without Me you are dead

I could never, ever take it
If I had no higher power
To assure me we will make it
But no man can no the hour…
Hallelujah, I can take it
All this worry and its strife
By God’s grace I know I’ll make it
He is Truth and He is Life

All rights reserved
Janet Martin

Jesus answered, I am the Way,
The Truth and the Life,
No man comes to the
Father, except through Me. John 14:6

No comments: