Monday, October 5, 2009

Sometimes You have to Break Me


My stubborn pride, my foolish will,
In spite of it You love me still,
My wisdom, not too wise at all,
Yet You are there each time I fall,
Every day Your mercy is new,
In spite of the foolish things I do,
But, once in a while, though it causes me pain
You break me to make me all over again

How would I know that You pick me up?
If I’d never admit that I fall,
If I’m too proud to admit that I’m weak
I’d never know Your strength at all,
If You didn’t remind me from time to time
Who is directing my way,
How futile then would be my climb,
How empty the words I say
So, once in a while, though it causes me pain
You break me to make me all over again

Once in awhile, when I’m about to forget
About Your love and the blood You shed,
Once in awhile, when my feet would stray
You break me to keep me in loves only way,
Once in awhile when my stubborn will
No longer heeds Your voice soft and still,
Once in awhile, though it causes You pain
You break me to make me all over again

Once in awhile You reach down from above
To remind me just how great is Your love,
Once in awhile when I’m consumed with pride
You need to remind me, for whom You died,
So, once in awhile though it causes me pain,
You break me to make me all over again,
You love me enough, this foolish man,
To break me and make me all over again,
So, let me not despise Your chastening Hand
When You break me to make me all over again


All Rights Reserved

I have seen his ways
but I will heal him;
I will guide him
and restore comfort
to him. Isa.57:18

No comments: