Friday, October 30, 2009

Love's Seasons


Love, like a soft gentle breath of spring
How can I ignore your whispering?
You make the poorest man a king
With your soft gentle breath of love
Banishing cares of yesterday
Blowing tomorrows worries away
Giving me sweet delight in today
With your soft gentle breath of love

Love, like summer’s June sunshine
Kissing buds on a tender vine
Drawing out blooms so rare and fine
Bathed in your warmth of love
Like sparkling dew or drops of rain
You revive the heart again
And wash away life’s bitter pain
As I bathe in the warmth of love

Love, like autumn’s flaming hues
You brush away the dreary blues
With shades that no man can refuse
As you color my path with love
Your gifted fingers of red and gold
Touch this treasure that I hold
I smile as I feel your arms enfold
And color my path with love

Then, as the cold winds of winter blow
I’m content in love’s warm glow
For Jesus loves me, this I know
And He’ll bring spring again
So blow if you must, you frigid gale
Soon your icy grasp will fail
For where love reigns its warmth prevails
Until its spring again

All Rights Reserved
-Janet Martin-

Now these three remain, faith, hope and love,
and the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor. 13:13

No comments: