Monday, October 19, 2009

End of a Dream


You looked so appealing; your lure drew me in
I was captivated by your subtle grin
Smooth, smooth talker, I believed every song
But now I’m a case of dreadfully wrong

I dreamt of owning what you offered me
I didn’t see it as the end of a dream
And I didn’t care ‘cause you made me blind
I was sure of the happiness I would find

Somebody whispered soft tones in my ear
I just ignored it with a scornful sneer
He promised that He could truly fulfill
Every need of my sad, selfish will

Now it’s all over, the saddest of songs
Too late I realize I was so wrong
Death can’t deliver me from my doom, it seems
That you, oh World, are the end of all dreams

All Rights Reserved

-Janet Martin-

The ways of the Lord are right;
the righteous walk in them,
but the rebellious stumble in them. Hosea 14:9

No comments: