Friday, October 23, 2009

My Comfort


As summer greens and daylight fades
As lover’s lanes are robbed of shade
As sapphire skies turn dusty blue
I just can’t help but think of you

So Lord, I think tonight I’ll pray
For those with loved ones far away
Beloved friends and family
Across the miles of land or sea

I’ll pray for those who will not see
Their loved ones ‘til eternity
I’ll pray for moms and dads who pray
For precious children far away

I'll pray for people just like me
Missing those they cannot see
And wishing miles could melt away
Uniting us for one sweet day

I'll pray for daddies working hard
Even when they are so tired
And hungry for warm home-cooked meals
Keep on rolling eighteen wheels

As summer and daylight fade away
It comforts me to sit and pray
For dear loved ones we cannot touch
But still we miss them oh, so much

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

Blessed be God, even the Father
of our Lord Jesus Christ,
The Father of mercies
And the God of all comfort. 2 Cor. 1:3

No comments: