Monday, October 12, 2009

Dance of a Lifetime


Beneath the summer’s starry sky
Or cold December’s rain
As merry days go laughing by
Or dark days filled with pain
Upon the tender fields of spring
Or winter’s howling storm
I’ve had the dance of a lifetime
Safe within Your arms

When disappointment wields its blow
And sorrow crowns each tear
When the music’s soft and low
Or dark with grief and fear
Within the waving fields of youth
Or midnights rocky hill
I’ve had the dance of a lifetime
As You lead me still

In the soft and gentle light
My head upon Your shoulder
In the cruel and bitter fight
As ruthless tides grow colder
In temptations testing flame
Or beside still water
I’ve had the dance of a lifetime
Hold me closer, Father

And I’ll have the dance of a lifetime
If You lead the way
If I stumble as I climb
Within Your arms I’ll stay
Lead me through each faltering step
Lord, be my faithful Friend
Then I’ll have the dance of a lifetime
Until the music ends

All Rights Reserved

-Janet Martin-

Read Ps.103

No comments: