Saturday, September 12, 2009

You Are There


From the faintest, violet whispers
At the dawning of the day
To the darkest midnight hours
Midst the worry and the fray
From the gentle, rippling waters
To the wild and fiercest storms
You are there, my Rock of ages
Faultless, faithful loving arms

In my worry or confusion
In my calm or in my strife
When hope seems a mere illusion
You are there, my Light and Life
You are in my hour of laughter
Or the silent, secret tear
As sunshine streams from Heaven’s rafters
Or I’m trembling in my fear

Faithful, everlasting Father
You will never let me go
For I know there is no other
Who has ever loved me so
When I think I’ve been forsaken
In this world so full of care
Faithful, faultless, never shaken
Oh my Father, You are there

All Rights Reserved September 2009

You hem me in--behind and before;
You have laid Your Hand upon me,
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Too lofty to attain. Ps. 139:5-6

No comments: