Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thornless Rose


Oh, do not say it isn’t fair
If we are called a cross to bear
Do we surmise somehow that we
Deserve a fairer road than He?
He, who in His agony
Carried His own cross for me

Do I demand a sweet rose garden?
While Jesus, as He signed my pardon
Wore upon His brow, the thorns
Midst desertions jeers and scorns
No ruby petal there to grace
The tears of sorrow on His face

Can I upon a selfish quest
Decide the easy road is best?
When Jesus walked a road for me
A road which led to Calvary
No rose adorned the skull-wrought trail
But crimson tears for sin’s dark veil

Forgive me Lord, if I complain
Fix my eyes on You again
In my distress help me to see
Your grace will be enough for me
Upon this road, Lord be my power
A thornless rose is but a flower

All Rights reserved Sept. 2009

Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And I will walk in Your truth;
Give me an undivided heart,
That I might fear Your name. Ps. 86:11

No comments: