Thursday, September 3, 2009

Running......


Sometimes as on life’s shore we run
And as we’re feeling so alone
And tripping over every stone
And thinking life’s not fair
Our lungs are burning for relief
Our aching hearts a lump of grief
We’re wavering in our belief
And pause to gasp for air
Someone whispers, “Look around
Take your eyes off of the ground
To see my wonders still abound
In mercy everywhere
The stone that you have stumbled on
Is really just a stepping-stone
To lead you closer to My arms
My arms of loving care
And in this daily marathon
I’m here for you to lean upon
And give you courage to go on
My answer to your prayer
So, as you run and as you pant
Resorting to your daily rant
Remember, I can when you can’t
For I am always there

All Rights Reserved Sept. 2009

....
let us throw off everything that hinders
and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverence
the race marked out for us. Heb.12:1

No comments: