Saturday, September 19, 2009

At the Foot of the Cross (poem/song)


Nothing of value to bring you have I
My sin, my shame and my foolish pride
As I lift my gaze to the cloudless sky
I realize man has no place to hide
You know our coming and all of our going
You know the deepest intent of the heart
Lord, oh my Lord, you are all-knowing
Yet You still love me to my uttermost part

So take it away, Lord take it away
My humble offering of foolish dross
Show me Your way, Lord show me Your way
Lead me again to the foot of the cross

Here in my sorrow, you fill me with hope
Here in my nothingness You still find worth
There is no need in darkness to grope
Amazing Grace beckons to the whole earth
To each living soul Your mercy extends
Your love makes wanton sinners whole
While man excuses and pretends
Your grace calls out to every soul

Take it away, Lord take it away
My greatest feat without You is loss
Show me Your way, Lord show me Your way
Lead me again to the foot of the cross

There at Your feet ‘neath mercy’s atonement
There at Your feet ‘neath a crimson tide
There, let me touch You, if but for a moment
There….where I plunged a spear in Your side
Lord, you know all my coming and going
Yet You still love me in spite of it all
Redeeming love, endless mercy showing
You lift me up each time I fall

Take it away, Lord take away
Cleanse me Lord, from sin’s filth and dross
Show me Your way, Lord show me Your way
In mercy obtained at the foot of the cross

All Rights Reserved Set. 2009

For His eyes are upon the ways of man
And He sees all his goings. Job 34:21

No comments: