Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Pencil-stroke Away


Just a pencil-stroke away
Are many things that I could say
A swish, a swirl, a line and then
A message to be read by men

So before I write I’ll pray
Teach me Lord, what I should say
Guide my hand Lord, guide my pen
So You may speak through me to men

I would never care to write
Just to bring a brief delight
But let it be my one desire
To write, dear Lord, what You inspire

Let me seek to glorify
You, oh Lord in Heaven high
Let me seek to bring you praise
Exalt You King, with all my days

Just a pencil-stroke away
Are many things that I could say
Words to help or make men stumble
Words to keep us kind and humble

So as I pick up my pen
First I’ll pray to God and then
I’ll trust that He will guide my hand
So I can write what He has planned

All Rights Reserved Sept.2009

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool, than for him. Prov.26:12

No comments: