Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Sorry, Lord


I’m sorry, Lord, forgive me please
Sad, broken refrain
Over and over upon my knees
I call to You again
Then Your mercy like a stream
Washes guilt away
Your love, a faithful steady gleam
Above life’s fragile sway

I’m sorry Lord, forgive me please
Once more these words repeated
Your mercy like a tender breeze
Restores a will, depleted
Lord, it seems I’m doomed to fail
Within my foolish reason
Once again Your grace prevails
Changeless through each season

I’m sorry Lord, forgive me please
I call to you again
Your love, more than a thousand seas
Washes out each stain
I’m sorry Lord, I don’t deserve
The mercy of a King
And yet You love without reserve
My humble offering


All Rights Reserved

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just
And will forgive us our sins and purify us from all
unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

No comments: