Monday, September 21, 2009

Shadow of the Past


My sins have been forgiven
God’s grace will hold me fast
So I cannot keep living
In the shadow of the past
In Him there is no darkness
He fills me with His light
Evil with its harshness
Prefers the dark of night

The Light shines in the darkness
It cannot comprehend
The loving grace and kindness
Of an Everlasting Friend
But I have been forgiven
To His dear hand I clasp
So I cannot keep living
In the shadow of the past

The old life far behind me
Oh, let me not look back
With Jesus here beside me
I’ll trust Him for what I lack
His precious love forgiving
My first sin to the last
So I will not keep living
In the shadow of the past

The shadow of the past will taunt
With vengeance and regret
The shadow of the past will haunt
So that I will forget
In Jesus there’s a sweet release
Redemption from the night
Demons flee and shadows cease
Walking in His Light

Janet Martin All Rights Reserved

If we say we have fellowship with Him
while we walk in darkness
we lie and do not live
according to the truth.
but if we walk in the light
as He is in the light
we have fellowship, one with another
and the blood of Jesus His Son
cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

No comments: