Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Love You


To voices that have nurtured me
To hands that hold mine faithfully
To hearts that beat in tune with mine
To arms that help me walk the line
To lips that whisper words of cheer
To eyes that shed a mutual tear
I feel there must be greater words
Than just these three so often heard
“I love you”

To those who sacrifice for me
And trust me sometimes fearfully
To those who faithfully have prayed
And kept me when I would have strayed
To those who help me open doors
That I have never touched before
I wish there was a better way
To tell you what I wish to say
“I love you”

But then again, I’m forced to pause
I know these words are best because
The Giver of our greatest love
Bestows His very best to us
His love, through each and every day
It will never go away
Eternally it is enough
Four-letter word that spells out ‘love’
So, “I love you”

All Rights Reserved Sept. 2009


God is love. Whoever lives in love
Lives in God, and God in Him. 1 John 4:16

No comments: