Friday, September 4, 2009

Tantrum


When I desire what is not mine
My Lord must sometimes intervene
He gently pries my fingers loose
While I protest and kick and scream
And like a stubborn little child
I throw a tantrum, fighting wild
Clinging to my precious find
As I demand what is not mine

When I desire what is not mine
A patient Father still abides
While I pout and sulk and whine
He waits until my will subsides
And then He draws me close to Him
Wipes my tears in eyes so dim
As He points I lift my eyes
To behold a greater prize

In shame I bow my foolish head
“I’m sinful and defiled,
Forgive each selfish word I’ve said
I’m such a stubborn child
I’m sorry Lord, for now I see
The joy that You have planned for me
Oh, help me trust Your great design
When I desire what is not mine”

All Rights Reserved
Sept. 2009
Janet Martin

“For I know the plans I have for you,”
Declares the Lord,
“Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
Plans to give you hope and a future. Jer.29:11

No comments: