Thursday, November 5, 2009

Trusting for Today


Yesterday, with its good intention is past
Tomorrow may never come
But I have today, before its shadow is cast
To rest in history’s tomb
Oh, what will I do with this gift in my hand?
Will I fill it with accomplishments grand?
Or will I, with the heart of a humble man
In every small task, do the best I can?

I can’t control what happens around me
It’s like trying to change the weather
But Lord, I’ve a promise, since You have found me
‘For good, all things work together’
I may not see it in my tiny window
My vision obscured by life’s deeper shadow
But Lord, as I place my hand in Yours today
I know that You will lead the way.

All Right Reserved
Janet Martin
11/05/09

Ok....after today, no more front porch shots
for a while at least......
but its a changing canvas out there
this time of the year....
Personally, I'm not quite as fond of the
color He used this morning, but Victoria LOVED IT!!!

And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those
who love Him, who have been called
according to His purpose. Rom.8:28

No comments: