Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Saw Christmas


Snowflakes falling
Cheeks aglow
Memories calling
‘Cross the snow
Church-bells ringing
Smiles of delight
I saw Christmas
In a child’s eyes tonight

Treats are baking
Sink full of dishes
Dreams in the making
Hearts full of wishes
Soft lights twinkling
Sighs of delight
I saw Christmas
In a child’s eyes tonight

Joseph and Mary
Cattle and sheep
Babe in a manger
Fast asleep
Wordless wonder
Speechless delight
I saw Christmas
In a child’s eyes tonight

I kneel at the manger
Remembering His birth
Hope immortal
Has come to earth
Lord, fill me with wonder
Simple delight
Help me see Christmas
Through a child’s eyes tonight

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
11/03/09

Tonight I saw it……
In my daughter’s eyes

The snow made us feel ‘Christmas-y’
So we listened to some Christmas music!

Victoria stood, transfixed,
as she reveled in the first carols this year!

No comments: