Thursday, November 19, 2009

Love Me, Love Me Not


Leave the daisies in the earth
Oh, do not pluck them in your mirth
Love me, love me not, a game
Tossing petals to the wind
What really do we know of love?
God’s breath bestowed from up above
At best we hardly understand
Nor glimpse its depth or glory grand

The meadow deserves the daisy’s smile
Its curves disguise no cunning guile
Yet thoughtlessly we steal her charm
Love me, love me not, no harm
We declare as its petals we toss
Into the air, disregarding loss
We are ignorant of the treasure we hold
Better than daisies,eternal gold

Leave the daisies in the soil
In breezes lazy, do not spoil
Her pure beauty for a foolish game
Love me, love me each petal the same
Though I do not begin to understand
Your mystery Lord, held in my hand
Its essence far too long I’ve sought
For vain pretense or love me not

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

How great is the love the Father has
lavished on us, that we should be called
the children of God. 1 John 3:1

I love daisies!!!!

No comments: